Large corporate groups often have entities within their corporate structure that are surplus to strategic requirements, duplicate the activities of other entities, or have been inactive for a few years. A streamlining process aimed at streamlining the structure promotes good corporate governance and can improve attractiveness to potential buyers and investment groups. It can be particularly useful in pre- and post-trade scenarios to improve tax efficiency.
CSS applies to all types of businesses, whether owner-managed, national or international. Kroll has the expertise, experience and ability to tailor its service to your group’s long-term strategic needs, using restructuring techniques to produce the optimal result.
Simplicity is the key
Note: Colored dots represent different geographic jurisdictions.
Benefits for your business
Avoidance of unnecessary costs
- Filings with Companies House – statutory accounts and confirmation statements
- Taxation – corporate tax returns, country by country reporting, transfer pricing, tax audits and VAT returns
- Administrative burden – accounting, compliance and regulatory reporting
- Management time – distraction from core business
- Professional fees – tax, legal and audit compliance
- Improves transparency, accountability and governance
- Creates certainty of liabilities, including contingent claims, of employees and owners
- Manages tax risks and opportunities
- Provides the comfort of independent review
- Reduces the risk of reintegration
- Increases structural and jurisdictional alignment
- Reduces IFRS and iXBRL conversion burden
- Optimal group structure design and implementation
- Return of share capital and assets, improved dividend flows
- Eliminate post-acquisition duplication
- Allows the release of intercompany balances and reserves
- Improves investor confidence and reputation
- Tax planning and pre-transaction structuring
- Release planning
- Our Stage One Stakeholder Identification and Assessment Workshop is a personalized and tailored approach that ensures each client’s needs are met and provides optimal results for your group.
- We can offer several solutions to customers, from technical advice to complete project management and implementation
- Our experienced team undertake CSS projects and have national and international experience
- We have a flexible fee structure, which can be adapted to the level of our involvement in the project
- We have extensive industry expertise including leisure, financial services, real estate, industrial/manufacturing and retail
- We have a strong international reputation for delivering results quickly and efficiently
- Our global restructuring professionals and tax professionals work together, both within the firm and through channel partners in nearly every jurisdiction in the world
- We have significantly reduced conflicts compared to our competitors in the provision of project management services