Suncoast Credit Union, to celebrate the opening of its 75th branch in the fourth quarter of 2021, donated $ 75,000 to local charities and nonprofits throughout its service area. The donations started in early December and continued until the end of the year.
Each of Suncoast’s 75 branches has selected a local charity within the community it serves to receive $ 1,000, with Suncoast providing a total of $ 75,000 in donations across Florida. Supporting local communities is a cornerstone of the mission and values of the credit union and enables local autonomy in financing the highest and most important needs.
“Giving back to the community is at the heart of the Suncoast Credit Union, and we are thrilled to have been able to celebrate the existence of 75 branches with donations that will help make an impact locally, in the communities our members call home. “ said Kevin Johnson, President and CEO, Suncoast Credit Union. “The pandemic has created increased needs across a wide range and we hope to be able to help, particularly during the holiday season. “
The Suncoast Credit Union began in 1934 when a handful of local educators founded the Hillsborough County Teachers Credit Union. Over the years, Suncoast has grown and expanded its membership to include all who live, work, attend school, or worship in the counties of Florida served by the Credit Union.
Lee County – 14 donations
• Barbara’s Friends, Cape Coral Santa Barbara service center
• Literacy Gulf Coast, Cape Coral Southwest Service Center
• ACT Abuse Counseling and Treatment, Fort Myers Matthew Drive Service Center
• Harry Chapin Food Bank, North Fort Myers Service Center
• Lee Memorial Health Systems Foundation, Cape Coral Del Prado Service Center
• PACE Center for Girls, East Fort Myers Service Center
• Gulf Coast Humane Society, College Parkway Service Center
• Mr. Lucky Dog Sanctuary, Riverdale Service Center
• SWFL Children’s Advocacy Center, Lee Boulevard Service Center
• Lee County NAMI, Fort Myers Daniels Parkway Service Center
• Gulf Coast Independent Living Center, Treeline Service Center
• Lehigh Acres Senior Citizens Center, Lehigh Acres Service Center
• St. Soraya Wildlife Sanctuary, Bonita Springs Visitors Center
• Lee Interfaith For Empowerment, Estero Service Center
About the Caisse populaire Suncoast
Suncoast Credit Union is the largest credit union in the state of Florida, 10th in the United States in terms of membership, and 10th in the United States by virtue of its $ 14.9 billion in assets. Established in 1934 as the Hillsborough County Teachers Credit Union, Suncoast Credit Union currently operates 75 full-service branches and serves over one million members in 40 counties across Florida.
As a community credit union, anyone who lives, works, attends school or worship in the Suncoast Credit Union service area is eligible for membership. In 2021, the Suncoast Credit Union’s membership scope was expanded to include K-12 public teachers, college educators, and instructional support staff from all 67 counties in Florida. Suncoast is passionate about community support. Since its inception in 1990, the Suncoast Credit Union Foundation has raised and donated over $ 32 million to organizations and initiatives that support the health, education and emotional well-being of children in communities served by the credit union. For more information, visit suncoastcreditunion.com or follow us on social media: Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter.